Bahraini King Meets PM & CP to Discuss Cabinet & Financial Situation
2015-09-21 - 11:18 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahrain News Agency (BNA) announced that King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa met with his uncle, Prime Minister, Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa in the presence of Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa in the Gudaibiya Palace Sunday morning (September 20, 2015).
BNA said "The meeting was held to discuss the requirements of the current stage in light of the financial situation to restructure governmental departments by merging some ministries and reducing the number of governmental bodies in order to ensure the reduction of public spending wherever possible and maintain the requisite financial stability and the interests of the nation and citizens."
Bahrain now faces a financial crisis in light of the enormous government spending on the security apparatuses, its participation in war on Yemen and its desire to follow austerity measures in private spending with regards to the subsidies on some commodities that citizens and residents benefit from.
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
comments powered by Disqus