Bahrain King Forms Smaller Cabinet After Meeting with Son the Crown Prince
2015-09-17 - 11:51 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahrain News Agency (BNA) said that the King of Bahrain Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa issued directives to form smaller cabinet to "solve financial problems" after meeting with his son, Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad.
BNA stated that the Crown Prince submitted a report to the King on "the kingdom's current financial situations affected by the drop in oil prices and other obligations," adding that the king directed the "formation of a smaller Cabinet to solve these financial problems as soon as possible" and in consultation with the Prime Minister Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
This step comes less than two hours after BNA announced the news of the resignation of the PM's Court president, Hussam bin Isa Al Khalifa. Observers say that this move to form a smaller cabinet could mean more influence and power for the crown prince who is the First Deputy Prime Minister.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus