New Commander Takes Helm of US Fifth Fleet in Bahrain
2015-09-05 - 1:09 am
Bahrain Mirror: On Thursday night (September 3, 2015), Rear Admiral Kevin M. Donegan took over the command of the US Naval Forces, 5th Fleet based in Bahrain, in a ceremony aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN71) at the Khalifa bin Salman Port in Hidd.
Vice Admiral John W. Miller. handed over his duties to the new commander in the presence of General Lloyd J. Austin, head of the US Central Command.
Miller has supervised the contribution of the US fifth fleet in airstrikes against the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS), besides countering piracy and launching other military operations in the region.
During the ceremony, Miller received the Navy Unit Commendation Medal for his achievements in leading the fifth fleet.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
comments powered by Disqus