Warning of Demographic Change in Bahrain on International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples
2015-08-12 - 1:42 am
Bahrain Mirror: Bahraini writer Abbas Busafwan warned of a demographic change in Bahrain, stressing that "the widespread naturalization campaign led by King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa will change the identity of the country."
On the International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples (August 9, 2015), Busafwan said that the indigenous Bahrainis are in danger too, expressing his concerns that they would become a minority, since "a great number of illegal naturalized foreigners is becoming very influential."
"The demographic change taking place in Bahrain is similar to the Israeli settlements in Palestine that have become a forced reality," Busafwan added, stressing that "what raises concerns is that the demographic change is taking place while the whole world in witnessing it as if an international Balfour Declaration has been granted to the Al Khalifa family to change this island."
Busafwan appealed to the United Nations and countries across the world, stressing that the Bahraini indigenous people are in danger and urged them to stop destroying Bahrain.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
comments powered by Disqus