Al-Muhafdha: Jaw Prisonís Block 5 Inmates Subjected to Beatings
2015-08-11 - 10:44 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Vice President of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR), human rights activist Sayed Yousif Al-Muhafdha, said that detainee Kais Abbass, along with a number of other detainees, were subjected to beatings in Jaw Prison's Block 5, Cell Block 4.
Al-Muhafdha added on his Instagram account on Monday (August 10, 2015) that the "name of police officer Thamer Saad Al-Ajrami has been repeated" in cases of assault against prisoners, according to "the testimonies" that the BCHR received.
"We have received names of some policemen like Bakr, Mohammed and Fares who restrict freedom of religion, degrade the religious beliefs of Shiite detainees, and insult inmates of this cell block, in particular," BCHR stated, stressing that what is taking place comes within the framework of "the policy of impunity and higher commands to collectively punish and retaliate against detainees for demanding democracy and freedom in Bahrain."
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
comments powered by Disqus