Actor Sankimah Arrested for Circulating Voice Recording “Degrading a Sect”
2015-08-04 - 9:26 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Ministry of Interior said that "as part of the process of following what is being posted on social media that may harm national unity, a person has been arrested for insulting a religious group by circulating a voice recording on social media that degrades one of the respected religious sects in Bahrain."
"The necessary legal measures are being taken to refer the case to the Public Prosecutor," the ministry added.
The voice recording of the actor Mansour Sankimah has been circulated on social media. It includes harsh criticism against the Sunni sect and regime in Bahrain for their not so resolute dealing with the Sitra bomb blast that left two policemen dead since they are "Pakistanis and do not belong to one of the tribes," according to Sankimah.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus