VIDEO: Bahraini Passport at Palestinian Rafah Border Crossing
2015-08-01 - 10:13 p
Bahrain Mirror: Scenes broadcasted by the Qatari Al-Jazeera TV channel showed how the Rafah border crossing with Egypt was crowded with hundreds of Palestinians after it was opened for two days by Egyptian authorities on July 15, 2015.
The footage showed a person holding a Bahraini passport and that's what social media activists considered to be another proof that the Bahraini government continues to randomly naturalize foreigners on sectarian basis in an attempt to change the demographics of the country, where the Shiites represent the majority of the population.
The opposition says that the Bahraini authorities intensified the process of naturalization by illegal means over the past decade and increased its rate following the eruption of anti-government protests in February 2011.
Bahrain's Shiites complain of discrimination against them. They say that the authorities deprive them of their rights to education, employment and working in the military and security forces, for sectarian reasons.
- 2018-03-02Ali Al-Aswad from Geneva: Bahraini Authorities Failed to Convince Int’l Community the Opposition is “Terrorist”
- 2018-03-02VIDEO: Sayed Ghoraifi Takes Part in Freedom Martyrs’ Funeral in Karbabad
- 2018-02-23VIDEO: Washington Calls for Nabeel Rajab’s Immediate Release
- 2018-02-21US Department of State: We Will Continue to Have Conversations with Bahraini Government about Nabeel Rajab Case
- 2018-02-20Adam Nabeel Rajab: My Father Spent 4 out of 7 Uprising Years in Prison
comments powered by Disqus