Hezbollah Secretary General: Bahrain Should Start Dialogue with Opposition to Ward Off ISIS Threats
2015-07-15 - 4:35 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Hezbollah Secretary-General, Sayed Hassan Nasrallah criticized on Friday (July, 10, 2015) the Bahraini regime for attempting to take advantage of the threats of the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) in order to have more control and cause more suppression instead of calling for a national dialogue to face the terrorist organization's growing threats.
In his address on the occasion of International al-Quds Day, Nasrallah said that it is strange that the regime isn't benefiting from these threats by calling on people in Bahrain to unite, initiate a dialogue and treat each other with a fatherly, brotherly and humane manner and by releasing all their clerics, leaders and figures from prison.
"It should of said: O our people and opposition, our country is in danger, these threats target us all. Let us all launch a national dialogue and turn a new page. Let us abolish all the oppressive sentences issued against the figures and leaders of the peaceful opposition, as the latest sentence against our brother Sheikh Ali Salman, the Secretary-General of Al-Wefaq. Yet the regime did not do so," added Nasrallah.
"On the contrary, it is benefiting from the ISIS threats by causing more tyranny, suppression and security crackdown as well as denying the people's freedoms, but all that is useless because the Bahraini people are carrying on their peaceful movement," Nasrallah further stated.
Nasrallah also stressed that when the Bahraini people "take to the streets today for a cause that concerns the nation, it reflects a good example of their awareness, and religious and political commitment."
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
comments powered by Disqus