At Times of Unified Prayers, Bahrain Justice Minister Allows Jassim Al-Saeedi to Deliver Lectures Again
2015-07-10 - 5:24 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): The Bahraini Minister of Justice and Islamic Affairs, Khalid bin Ali Al Khalifa allowed on Wednesday (July 8, 2015) the preacher of Sabika Al-Nisf Mosque in Isa town, the extremist Salafist Jassim Al-Saeedi to deliver sermons again, after banning him from delivering lectures for two weeks.
On his Twitter account, Al-Saeedi said: "By the order of the Minister of Justice and Islamic Affairs and after the Endowments (Waqf) Directorate questioned me, the minister allowed me to return to the platform of sermons.
Al-Saeedi is known for declaring Shiites as infidels. He was banned from delivering sermons after he described them as "polytheists".
The Minister of Justice and Islamic Affairs' order comes at a time he is calling for unity between Sunnis and Shiites, as he participated in a unified prayer between the two sects, held in Al-Kabir (Grand) Mosque in Bahrain's A'ali last Friday.
ÚÇÌá .. ÈÃãÑ ãä æÒíÑ ÇáÚÏá æÈÚÏ ÇáÊÍÞíÞ ãÚí ãä ÞÈá ÇáÃæÞÇÝ ÃãÑ ÇáæÒíÑ ÈÃÑÌÇÚí Åáì ãäÈÑ ÇáÎØÇÈÉ .. ÇáÍãÏááå— Ï.ÌÇÓã ÇáÓÚíÏí (@jassimalsaeedi) July 8, 2015
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus