Muslim Brotherhood Cleric Lashes Out at Unified Prayer between Sunnis and Shiites in Bahrain
2015-07-05 - 3:32 p
Bahrain Mirror: A Sunni cleric lashed out at the unified prayer between the Sunnis and Shiites that the the Bahrain Foundation for Reconciliation and Civil Discourse called for holding in Al-Kabir (Grand) Mosque in Bahrain's A'ali on Friday. The Sunni cleric who was a former member of parliament representing the Muslim Brotherhood, Sheikh Mohammed Khalid, said: "Bahrain does not need a unified prayer but needs the implementation of God's judgments against the heads of sedition and Safavid terrorism."
For his part, the former colonel in the Bahrain Defence Force, Mohammed Al-Zayani, commented by saying: "I will not pray behind a Shiite Imam. Stop being heedless to the doctrine." He went on to say on his Twitter account: "Praying behind Khalaf Al-Saedi, Mohammed Khalid and Mohammed AL-Zayani is allowed. It is, however, prohibited to pray behind Al-Marzooq, Majeed Milad or Sheikh Isa Qassim." "This is our Islamic jurisprudence (Fiqh) and we are not ashamed of it," he further stressed.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
comments powered by Disqus