Reports Say "Prosecution" Appealed Verdict against Al-Wefaq's Sheikh Ali Salman
2015-07-03 - 8:26 p
Bahrain Mirror: The defense lawyer of Bahrain's opposition leader, Abdullah Al-Shamlawi, posted on his Twitter account on Wednesday (July 1, 2015) that "there are news saying the Public Prosecution has appealed the verdict issued against the Secretary-General of Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, Sheikh Ali Salman".
The Shiite opposition leader, Sheikh Ali Salman, is facing a four-year sentence after a Bahraini court convicted him of inciting civil disobedience of the law, promoting hatred against a sect of people and insulting Bahrain's Ministry of Interior, while acquitting him of the charge of seeking to overthrow the regime by force.
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
comments powered by Disqus