Switzerland Denounces Bahraini Authorities’ Decision to Prevent Protests in the Country
2015-06-27 - 7:10 p
Bahrain Mirror: Switzerland expressed "its deep concerns at the restrictions imposed by the Bahraini authorities on the right to peaceful protest, in addition to the ongoing arbitrary arrests and unjust trials."
In its speech during the UN Human Rights Council's 29th session held in Geneva, Switzerland stated that it is concerned about the serious restrictions imposed on human rights regarding the freedom to peaceful assembly, as well as arbitrary arrests.
The head of freedoms and human rights department in Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society highlighted that the Bahraini authorities rejected 114 requests for organizing protests since the onset of this year (2015).
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
comments powered by Disqus