WikiLeaks: Saudi Intelligence Requested Excluding Shiites from Saudi Projects Presented to Bahrain
2015-06-26 - 9:47 p
Bahrain Mirror: A confidential cable, published by the WikiLeaks website this week, disclosed a recommendation by the Saudi general intelligence which called for the exclusion of Shiites from all the projects presented by Saudi Arabia to Bahrain.
The cable issued by the general intelligence command urged that "a joint security strategy be adopted with regards to the people chosen to assume posts in Bahrain in a way that would be in line with the Kingdom's interest and exclude any Shiite influence in the projects it presents to Bahrain."
It also called for "examining what is happening in the Arabian Gulf University and King Abdullah Medical City, in particular, as the academic reports sent by the Bahraini Cultural Attache do not suffice."
It is worth mention that the Arabian Gulf University is a Gulf regional university, accredited by Bahrain's Ministry of Education, run by the Gulf Cooperation Council states and is a member of Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World. The King Abdullah Medical City; however, is a one billion SR grant to build a medical city offered to Bahrain by King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. The Bahraini King, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa granted the Arabian Gulf University one million square meters of land to build this medical city on.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
comments powered by Disqus