Saudi Cables: Adel Al-Jubeir Liaised with CIA Director to lift Arms Embargo on Bahrain
2015-06-24 - 3:39 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Saudi Cables published by the WikiLeaks website showed that the Gulf Cooperation Council had instructed the ambassadors of the Gulf states in the countries that imposed an arms embargo on Bahrain to make collective diplomatic calls in order to support Bahrain's stance.
A cable issued in 2012 by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed some of the efforts exerted by the former Saudi ambassador to Washington, Adel Al-Jubeir. The cable, dated April 1, 2012, disclosed that the latter "continuously liaised with the American side represented by the advisor to the president for national security affairs, his members in the council, deputy secretary of state, assistant secretary of state for near eastern affairs, Central Command head, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director and leaders in the Congress since the eruption of events in the Kingdom of Bahrain in order to drum up support to Bahrain's government."
The Arabic Issue
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
comments powered by Disqus